- This event has passed.
Greensboro Rise for Refuge
August 1 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
The administration is virtually barring all asylum seekers from seeking asylum at the U.S. southern border, and is considering a refugee admission goal of ZERO for fiscal year 2020. This would result in a near total refugee ban, collapsing the U.S. Refugee Resettlement program and the infrastructure of humanitarian protection that communities across this country have built over decades—all during the worst global refugee crisis in history.
Led by impacted communities and allies, Rise for Refuge – a National Day of Mobilization Campaign – aims to fight back against the illegal and immoral asylum and refugee bans.
Right now is a critical time for us to keep up the drumbeat and keep ALL our Members of Congress to weigh in with the administration and end its attacks on asylum seekers and return the resettlement program to historic norms. Join us in Downtown Central Park for a Press Conference on Thursday, August 1st at 12 PM as community, faith, immigrant and refugee, and business leaders come together to demand that:
• Save the Life-saving Refugee Resettlement Program
• Stop the Asylum Ban and Protect Asylum Seekers
• Keep Families Together and End Child & Family Detention
• Cut Funding that Fuels Deportations, Detention, Border Militarization
• Protect Refugee and Immigrant Families from Prolonged Separation